It's my first time to use the 12x12 format (check out my past A4 layouts here) and I love how quick & easy this method of memory keeping is! Project Life by Becky Higgins is really perfect for those who don't have much time to scrapbook. This month has been so busy & I'm happy that I was able to squeeze in some "crafty me-time" this weekend.
1 4R = 2 3x4 photos!
You can layout 6 square/Instagram photos on one 4R document
• Sort materials by event. Print only 1-2 photos per event to save space and money (hehe, Project Life fillers and albums don't come cheap)
I scrap on my bed, don't have a long craft table! hehe
• Choose a color scheme per month (for a cohesive look)
The Love month colors!
• Download and print Card Design References at the Digital Project Life website to save time. I wish they provided a guide for the Seafoam Edition though
WHAT TO INCLUDE
• A "Monthly Highlights" card. Jot down lists of memories/info (listed by "areas of life" such as "Me", Office/Career, Family, Friends, New things/places) on one sheet of bond paper. Update it as the events happen. At the end of the month, rewrite it on a 4x6" card. I used to write down notes on a planner but I found it time-consuming to collate & flip through the pages
1. Project Life by Becky Higgins
• Midnight and Seafoam Edition - Available in Lasting Impression and Paper Blush
• Design A fillers - Available in Lasting Impression
I was actually reserving my PL supplies for my vacation albums but I realized that I wouldn't be able to use up all of my cards anyway (I also bought the Jade kit last year --what am I gonna do with 1,500 cards? haha)
2. Me and My Big Ideas Specialty Cards (glitter and foil)
My sister bought this in Michael's (US) for me, I love the designs that she chose! See the rest of the cards here and here.
3. DIY 4x6 cards = 6x6 paper pads, Hallmark/All About Scrapbooking, National Bookstore, P100+
4. Maped Label Stickers, Shopwise (less than P50, can't remember the exact price)
I sometimes use products that are not acid-free (I'm breaking a scrapbooking rule here, hehe)
This calendar card was originally yellow, I altered the background in Photoshop so it would match my color scheme
Adhered it to a 3x4 filler card