January 29, 2011

Home: Create a Productive Workspace



Started the new year by giving my workstation a makeover!


BEFORE:
• So messy and uninspiring.
• There's no space for my laptop on my table, so I end up curling up in bed and surfing mindlessly on social networking sites!
 Photo credit: Swoopify

 • I have too many items, it takes up a lot of time to find things I need.

I NEEDED:
• a space that will keep me inspired
• an environment that says "Get Excited And Make Things!"

INSPIRATION/PLANNING STAGE:
• Gathered clippings from Pottery Barn catalogs
• Looked through my Container Store catalog collection
• Spent my lunch breaks searching for pictures of creative home offices online


RESULT:  A more organized, minimal and inspiring workspace!

It won't always look picture perfect but I'm trying to keep it uncluttered as possible :)


TIPS ON HOW TO BRING EFFICIENCY TO YOUR HOME OFFICE:

• Decorate your wall. Hang inspiration boards. Post pictures that make you happy, layouts you'd like to scraplift, quotes that motivate you, etc.

• Less is more. Display only the frequently-used office supplies.

Muji acrylic toothbrush holder and double-ended hexagon markers

• Store office supplies, papers and magazines vertically to make space for your laptop/projects.

Mag boxes, P95 each. Eagle Mesh Wire Desk Organizer, around P180. all from Office Warehouse

• Food containers (P66, Daiso/Japan Home Center) can double as drawer organizers where you can store mini items like clips, post-its and flags.

• Don't let clutter pile up!


"The ideal workspace marries purpose and passion. Design your home office to inspire creativity, to offer delight, and to help you complete the job at hand." - Pottery Barn, Workspaces.



DISCLAIMER: February 7, 2014 - My room doesn't look like this anymore! Hehe. I hoarded craft supplies and magazines in the previous 3 years and I don't have much space :)

2 comments:

  1. I must do the same. My desk is such a mess. And my inspiration board was last updated when we were still in college! Time for new goals! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can post your "25countries in 25years" goal on your board! :)

    ReplyDelete